You are currently browsing Kyrie’s articles.
- it’s official: after many weeks of trying out her balance, our baby is a sitter!
- feeling, quite honestly, very burnt out this week
- and overwhelmed by projects that keep piling up
- trying to make the effort to remember the bright spots at the end of the day
- feeling overcommitted, overextended, overwhelmed, over it!
- thinking ahead to Michaelmas, and conquering my own dragons
the five of us
- ten years ago today, my husband and I were married!
- I feel amazed and surprised and happy, all at once
- loving this big armful of children that he and I have made together
- feeling, acutely, the passage of time
- knowing that babyhood is so fleeting
- knitting, knitting, knitting — Michaelmas will be here soon!
- realizing (and loving!) that I’m one of “those” moms — the ones who knit at the pool every morning during their children’s swimming lessons
- inspired every day by Fiona’s cheerfulness and complete joy
- being a little too hard on myself lately
- feeling sentimental — looking back at all three of my girls at the same ages
- amazed that she’s rolling over, suddenly!
- wondering how long it will take for her to figure out how to roll back
- thinking that she has grown like a weed in the last few weeks — suddenly clothes that fit only a week or two ago are too short!
- loving — I mean, really loving — having a new little person in our home
- starting to look forward to resuming some homeschooling with my oldest this fall
- feeling like I’m constantly balancing the energies of three very different children
- knowing that I’m blessed to have this little angel
- enjoying the summer weather, now that the heat has peaked
- wishing my mama a happy birthday today!
- feeling inspired and invigorated in so many ways after a great workshop this weekend
- feeling pressures build as I have so much to get done in the coming weeks…
- trying to deal with the 108 degree F heat
- in disbelief that it’s been four months since she was born
- loving all the raspberries she’s blowing — plbbbbbtttth!
- loving the way Fiona reaches out to me right before nursing
- thinking that her arms and legs feel as soft as good butter
- making lots of “dream knitting” lists
- watching her discover her own hands and feet
- putting on red nail polish, just because
- wishing I could buy a silk cap, then deciding to knit one instead — and being glad about that decision, on many levels
- feeling a little foggy lately (hoping it’s just a bad cold and tiredness, and not something worse)
- realizing, with sadness, that I can’t remember my oldest actually being a baby
- missing my husband’s help around the house
- reveling in being a family of five
- becoming ever more conscious of our rhythm, how needed it is, and how much it carries all of us
- feeling like my marriage is getting short shrift, and trying to reprioritize
- so excited to see my favorite baby clothes in use again
- thinking, as I always do when I have a little baby, a lot about my own mortality and how I want to live this one life (and trying not to dwell on morbid thoughts!)
- struggling to find harmony between the sometimes contradictory ideas of creating a home that is developmentally appropriate for all of my children, and, at the same time, not becoming too child-centered
- thinking about what a good mama my sister will make someday
- enjoying the reconnection to old family friends
- one of those perfect sister moments: bee and bunny laughing so hard at one another that bunny had tears running down her face
- summer days are so hot!
- feeling rejuvenated after our weekend camping trip
- watching my baby learn to grasp and play with toys, just a little
- feeling overwhelmed by housework, to the exclusion of being able to do things for myself
- knowing that having such a sad, teething baby won’t last
- trying to give in to the constant holding and snuggles and sleeplessness instead of fighting it
- so touched by how much she adores her big brother
- worrying a little about my milk supply, and thinking that I’ve been doing too much lately
- headed out for our first camping trip as a family of five — planning to do nothing but lay in the tent and nurse that baby!
- excited to finally have a baby who loves ‘babies’ from the very start
- continuing to wonder whether or not she’s teething
- putting on the amber necklace just in case